You might be aware of recent news headlines regarding the Heartbleed bug, which compromise encryption used by some websites and allow for personal identification information to be stolen. We want to assure you the First National Bank in Ord 's online banking services are not affected by the OpenSSL issue as we do not use any products that may have been subject to the flaw. We understand these sorts of news reports can make you feel anxious about your personal security.
There are steps you can take to enhance the security of your personal identification information and give you peace of mind. You should:
- Change the password you use for your Online Banking accounts. Sign on to Online Banking and select "User Options" and click "Edit" Password to change your password.
- Make sure you use unique user names and passwords for each of your online accounts and change them often. Complex user names and passwords are more secure.
- Protect you user name and password information. Safeguard this information at all times.
- Keep a close eye on your accounts. Enroll in our Online Banking and check your accounts frequently.
- Protect your personal information such as social securtiy number, birthdate, account numbers, etc. Never provide this information to anyone you do not know.
If you have further questions contact the First National Bank in Ord
for additional information.
Thank you for banking with us.