ATM SAFETY 06/19/14 2:04:24 PM
Below are some safety reminders for our cardholders when using an ATM.
- Observe your surroundings before using an ATM.
- Avoid hidden or poorly lit areas.
- When using a drive-up ATM, keep all car doors locked and windows up.
- Have your card out and ready to use.
- Notice if anything looks unusual or suspicious about the ATM indicating it might have been altered. If the ATM appears to have any attachment to the card slot or key pad, DO NOT USE IT.
- Check for unusual instructions on the display screen and for suspicious blank screens. If you suspect that the ATM has been interfered with, proceed to another ATM and inform your bank. When possible, use ATMs with which you are most familiar.
- Put your cash, receipt and card away immediately. Count your cash in a safe location later.
- Always take your receipt with you.
- Never write your PIN on items you carry with you, particularly your card.
- Report lost or stolen cards to your institution immediately.
Krebs on Security, "Postal Service: Beware of Kiosk Skimming" May 14, 2014